Been Awhile....I'm such a slacker

Monday, May 2, 2011
Well here  I am again, RE trying this whole blog thing and this whole healthy lifestyle thing.  I just know this is what I need to do and I know it's what God would want me to do.  So, my question is....WHY IS IT SO HARD?  I am glad I have this blog to write in, to keep me accountable to all you people and to help me to vent a little bit.  


 I recently made a trip to my old home town...and I got to meet up with a lot of old friends that I sure do miss!  The people I spent time with, motivated me to be something more than what I am right now.  If they can do it, then I Can do it too.  Her reasoning for losing weight, is a legit one.  She doesn't want to die at an early age like her mom...mine...Is the same.  My mom died when she was 48 years old, and she was a heavy set woman too.  I know it wasn't her weight that caused her to pass away, it was the cancer.  Being overweight or obese CAN lead to different kinds of cancers though, and I don't wanna go there.  That is my main motivation...another motivation is that I see overweight people who can hardly function.  Can hardly walk, can hardly breathe, sweat when they walk even a little distance...I just don't want to be like that.  I need to be what and who God has called me to be, and I don't think being unhealthy is what he has planned
.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity  


So, what I need from all my readers is some ideas for healthy choices of foods...different recipes and stuff.  How to avoid the late night eating, and such.  I think eating late at night is permissible IF you eat something light like a salad or some fruit or something like that.  I guess it has just been ingrained in me that FOOD helps me to fall asleep at night.  Well, that has GOT to change.  I am on this journey now, and I am gonna stick to it.  Just need you all to support me and pray for me....


  By the way, I had a wonderful birthday and I finally got a kindle! I think this will help me when I am exercising on the boring treadmill..cause I can read as  I walk!!! SO cool!! 



1 comments:

  1. Alexia said...:

    The best advice I can give you is to get the documentary "Fathead" and watch it. It was THE BEST information I have ever received about what you should and shouldn't be eating and why. It will totally turn your thinking on it's head, but everything he says is true and makes tons of sense!

    ...not that I actually follow it all the time...

    *sigh*

Post a Comment