Crash and burn....blahhhhh :-(

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Well, I guess I wouldn't go that over board as to say I have done horrible but I haven't done great either.  Monday night I did end up eating late, but I find that when I work late is when I eat late.  I don't know what it is about the night time and food because I can go practically all day without food and when night time comes it's like a magnet and the food is speaking to me saying "eat me"!  It is really a challenge to me...almost an addiction.  I was watching that show about hoarders on TLC the other night, and I know it has nothing to do with food but these people are addicted to collecting things..WHY?  To fill a void in their lives or to cope with something that has happened to them....the stuff the collect makes them feel at ease and "safe".  I was thinking, is that how food makes me feel?  Do I feel comfortable when I eat?  YES  Do I feel happy when I eat?  YES  Do I feel safe when I eat?  YES, do I feel the pangs of withdrawal and panic when I try to not eat when I want to?  YES!  


  This is the same with any addiction, I totally understand when people say they can't just "quit" smoking or drinking or whatever the addiction is that they have because it is just that!!! AN ADDICTION!  It's sad to say but food is the hardest addiction to overcome, because a person HAS to eat to survive and theres no way around that...cigarettes and alcohol can go on the back burner and a person would be fine and healthy....not the same with food! 


  Along with blogging I am also doing setting captives free...http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/  which approaches food from a Christian standpoint and helps you overcome your addiction with JESUS right by your side...unfortunately I have started this course before and have fallen away from it, but I keep going back!   I know the combination of that and the support I get from friends will help me on this journey, although not an easy one, but definitely one that can be accomplished...."I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me!"  



2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I have a horrible time with ice cream at night. Chocolate calls my name and begs me to throw it down my throat with a shovel! Chocolate milk has been the worst at night these days. I wake up bloated and angry with myself cuz my jeans are tight after a night of giving into dairy! Stay tough sister! couzin! <3 ya!

  1. Alexia said...:

    You may just be on a different schedule. I've realized that I'm a night owl - this is me. I don't eat "breakfast" until 1pm! And then my 3 meals fall into place after that. Which, of course, lands my third meal at about midnight. I try to ban myself from eating and it's just not doable because my stomach is actually growling! So I've settled with eating something to quell the hunger, but I try to keep it small - a REAL portion. And then I'm normally up a couple hours afterward so that helps with the funky feeling in the morning.

    I think more than trying to fit yourself into what "they" say is right for you, you need to find what is right for your personality and how you live. This is what I am learning. My schedule doesn't resemble "normal people" at all, but it works fantastic for me.

    ALSO - remember that old...Chinese...Proverb: Fall seven times get up eight!

    You'll get there! Take it minute by minute if you need to and don't beat yourself up when you fall, just get up and say "next time I'll last TWO minutes instead of one!" ;)

Post a Comment